I Ask You To Stand With Me For Each Other...
Dear Citizens of Galveston County,
In March of 2018 I will be on the ballot in the Republican primary as a candidate for District Attorney of Galveston County. I was a trial lawyer for 30+ years and I was a police officer for 10 years while I earned my degrees. I have extensive trial experience and have always worked as a lawyer in the private sector. For more than 20 years had my own law firm. I will bring that private sector experience, methodology, and mentality to the Office of District Attorney and to the criminal courts of Galveston County.
It is time career and dangerous criminals fear prosecution in Galveston County. When I take office I will change the core values of the District Attorney’s office. Those core value changes are reflected in the following commitments I am making as a candidate and I will keep as your District Attorney.
- I WILL be in the courtroom trying cases and working with the Assistant District Attorneys.
- I WILL prosecute multiple offenses when there are multiple crimes.
- I WILL change the reputation of Galveston County to one dangerous criminals will fear.
- I WILL work closely with police agencies to address problems unique to each community.
- I WILL push for high bonds where appropriate to put CITIZENS’ SAFETY above statistics.
- I WILL make certain that citizens and victims get solutions and not excuses.
- NO MORE political favors OR turning a blind eye to crime.
- NO MORE malicious prosecutions of police officers.
- NO MORE unregulated/illegal gaming rooms.
- NO MORE refusal to prosecute street corner drug dealers.
- NO MORE refusal to prosecute fraud and embezzlement.
- NO MORE revolving doors in the jails.
- NO MORE refusal to prosecute brutal assaults.
- NO MORE gross undercharging of criminals because it is easier.
- NO MORE favoring one part of the county over another.
- NO MORE coercion of victims to permit minimal plea deals to avoid going to trial.
As a voter you have a clear choice to make when you cast your vote. The incumbent has no police experience, no trial experience, and is never in the courtroom for the citizens of Galveston County. I can do the job that the community needs and do it fairly, reasonably and consistently because I don’t owe anybody any favors or special treatment. The relationships between the DA’s office and the police agencies are at an all-time low. Because of my police experience I can and will repair. It is time for private sector efficiencies and skills to be brought to the DA’s office. It will no longer be just another inefficient government bureaucracy. It is time that all victims, whether individuals or businesses, are protected aggressively and honestly. I need to make it clear that there is a critical difference between criminals who are habitual and dangerous and those first time offenders who commit crimes. I want to make sure those first time offenders have an opportunity to not let one mistake define their lives.
I appreciate your support and vote on March 6, 2018 in the Republican primary. By voting for me you are voting for the safety of you, your family and your community. I will deliver solutions to problems and not political excuses or political double talk. I need your vote and your help spreading the word. With your help I will win this race. Please feel free to contact me at any time.
– Tom Dickens